Bill Ryan, RAS, BRI, CLC
Bill Ryan has been involved in the field of chemical dependence both profession-ally and personally for over 30 years. Bill is a Registered Addiction Specialist (RAS), a Board Registered Interven-tionist (BRI) and a Certified Life Coach (CLC). He is a member of the American Counseling Association (ACA), and a full member of the Association of Intervention Specialists (AIS).
Bill serves on the Board of Directors for the Foundation for Recovery which focuses on viable solutions to treat this chronic disease by providing services to affected individuals, their families, and their friend's and is a Board of Advisor for the Merritt Center a non-profit dedicated to individual and group renewal and empowerment.
Since 1977, when Billy (as his friends and family call him) began his own personal healing he has helped carry the message of recovery to countless people around the world through public speaking, seminars, and workshops, and written publications. His personal story appears in a twelve-step fellowship recovery book with more than seven million copies in circulation in 131 countries around the world and is currently available in 39 languages with 16 translations in process. He facilitates interventions worldwide, coordinates' clients’ recovery treatment, and provides post treatment monitoring services.
Through his own personal challenges with substance abuse and in witnessing many loved ones and friends succumb to the disease of addiction he knows first hand that "addiction is progressive and incurable"; and is more powerful than any human being, "it will end one's life prematurely if appropriate action is not taken." Bill goes on to say, "The good news is that this disease is 100% treatable." Recovery is a process often spearheaded by a professional intervention either by a family or workplace. Addressing it early and aggressively allows for the best possible chance of recovery. Bill considers it an honor to guide a family or a group of concerned others through the intervention process; walk with the addict through the doors of a treatment facility and into his new life: and to coach the family and the addict throughout the recovery process" including post treatment.
"Addiction is a lifelong disease that tells us we don't have a disease. This is why the addict will often say "I can do it on my own, it's your problem not mine, I can handle it, you don't understand." This is also what we refer to as the insanity of addiction. When in the grips of addiction the addict's brain has been hijacked and this thinking and behavior is clearly not rational or sane. Everybody can see it, but the addict. Bill defines insanity as "having a way out and not taking it." We want to offer this chance of recovery to as many addicts as we can; "No addict need die without having a chance to recover." His personal mission is to continue to reach as many addicts as he can to offer the chance of recovery and to help educate, support, and assist their families and other loved one's throughout the process.
His unique combination of personal experience with successful recovery from addiction coupled with his many years as an executive in the corporate environment encompassing numerous professional leadership skills and savvy make him especially well-suited to operate in many situations where addiction needs to be addressed. "I believe that early detection, intervention on the addictive system, referral to the most clinically appropriate primary treatment facility, and ongoing 12-step support for addicts and family members is the recipe for disarming the disease of addiction."
- Board Registered Interventionist (BRI-1)
- Registered Addiction Specialist (RAS)
- Certified Life Coach (CLC)
- Full Member of the Association of Intervention Specialists (AIS)
- Member of the American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Member of the Board of Directors for the "Foundation for Recovery"
- Board Advisor for the Merritt Center dedicated to Individual and Group Empowerment.
- Primary Facilitator for the "NotMyKid" organization's "Embrace Program" - a Drug, Alcohol, and Other addictions Prevention Program for parents and families.
- Frequently travels both in the US and internationally conducting seminars, workshops, and is often invited to speak at conventions and conferences.
- U.S. Navy Veteran
- Work Place and individual Executive Coaching, Consulting, Education, and Interventio
- Extensive Private and Public business background and experience.
- Works closely with individuals struggling with chronic physical issues.
- Motivate, Coach, Mentor, and Support individuals returning to the workplace after experiencing a significant life threatening event.
- U.S. Military Veterans Issues relating to Alcohol and Other Drug Addictions including interventions.
- Southwest Institute of Healing Arts (SWIHA)
- Breining Institute - College for the Advanced Study of Addictive Disorders
- Illinois Institute of Addiction Studies
The Art of Recovery Expo - Prevention, Treatment and Recovery for the Whole Family
- Together AZ Publication - Inspiring Prevention, Treatment and Recovery
Contact Bill Ryan at: